Pinoy Violinists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home  Search  Latest images  Register  Log in  

Share | 

Bach's Violin Concerto in A Minor

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jantigercat
Bachendorff
Bachendorff
jantigercat

Bach's Violin Concerto in A Minor Vide
PostSubject: Bach's Violin Concerto in A Minor   Bach's Violin Concerto in A Minor EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 6:03 am

Hello to all!

Presently I am learning Bach's Concerto in A minor...super difficult! Meron ba kayong tips para dito like fingering, shifts, or violin etudes that could make the learning of this piece easier?

Thanks po!

J
Back to top Go down
kanjiruminamoto
Höfner *Adik magpost*
Höfner *Adik magpost*
kanjiruminamoto

PostSubject: Re: Bach's Violin Concerto in A Minor   Bach's Violin Concerto in A Minor EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 8:34 am

@jantigercat Kahit di ko pa alam yan aheheh! para sa mga pro Dito
hmm..
Panong nahihirapan? at saan ka nahihirapan?
Running? Shifting? Any difficulty Description?
Tapos pag nasagot mo ito Sila na bahala sa mga
Tips na ibibigay sa iyo ahaha!
Back to top Go down
jantigercat
Bachendorff
Bachendorff
jantigercat

PostSubject: Re: Bach's Violin Concerto in A Minor   Bach's Violin Concerto in A Minor EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 5:32 pm

Yung intonation and shifts...Meron bang etude to improve them?
Back to top Go down
angus25
Bachendorff
Bachendorff
angus25

PostSubject: Re: Bach's Violin Concerto in A Minor   Bach's Violin Concerto in A Minor EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 7:15 pm

Oh my! I only dream of playing this concerto. One of my favorites. Somebody help him! :)
Back to top Go down
http://angus25.wordpress.com/
angus25
Bachendorff
Bachendorff
angus25

PostSubject: Re: Bach's Violin Concerto in A Minor   Bach's Violin Concerto in A Minor EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 7:17 pm

Or her.
Back to top Go down
jantigercat
Bachendorff
Bachendorff
jantigercat

PostSubject: Re: Bach's Violin Concerto in A Minor   Bach's Violin Concerto in A Minor EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 8:25 pm

Actually it's him. I am working on intonation and reducing the tension from my fingers.

For this I have to lower down my metronome to 40 bpm (quarter note).

Yes this is a beautiful piece...When I started it last night...parang nag communion ako kasama ni Bach. :-)
Back to top Go down
chino_again
Bachendorff
Bachendorff
chino_again

PostSubject: Re: Bach's Violin Concerto in A Minor   Bach's Violin Concerto in A Minor EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 9:36 pm

BWV 1041 right? just to clear out things.

i see, you just started it last night. are you preparing for this for a recital/ performance? or you just wanna learn it for leisure and expand you're playing skills?

hmmm... its right that youre practicing it at a slower tempo, same with other pieces. my advice on this piece, which i dont know baka youre doing this tips already? pero still i'll enumerate.

- start slow, play each note in detache and dont mind any accents first, A minor naman yan so finger-note placement would rather be easy. dont mind any accents and decorations muna sa piece, pero im not familiar of your playing skill, it would be good if you can incorporate them na.

- for the 1st movement - Allegro - since 2/4 yan it would really be easy to cut them in parts and slow the tempo muna, with positions, 1st and 3rd would do, onti lang yung 2nd and with the piece i have in hand, its indicated there naman when its best to shift positions with the numbers that i assume you already understand by now. for the arpeggiated parts, 3rd posistion would be easier specialy with some accidentals present during the run. sa part B and part D ka naman. Sevcik Op1 book 3 will help you if your looking for a reference material to practice on

- for the andante regular time ka naman nyan e, slow practice din. detache mo din muna since puro runs lang naman and few string crosses, madali lang to and with a slower tempo, you'll get this easier. 3rd position mostly and from bar 1 - 20 lang yung mejo tricky but i guess you can manage naman na siguro yung crosses nyan may form naman yung piece e, not much jumping and shifting for you.

- last movement, allegro assai, 9/8 key could look intimidating pero diba looking at the piece, parang yung first movement lang din. The solo part yung A would be tricky din, pero 3rd postion mo i approach para not much shifting on your part and you can play with ease across the strings throughout the notes. Yung part D arpeggiated din which requires minimal changes naman in fingering so madali lang yan for you, dont be too firm lang on your grip kasi mahirap mag change na after that part. Tricky din yung bar 105 pero use finger 4 and 2 and the D and A string respectively, tas sa 106 shift your 4 to 3 and slide you 2 a bit up, then change accordingly, figure out nalang which fingers next pero you should follow the idea kung pano ginawa yung previous bars and how your finger placement would look. then the rest would be like how you started the movement na.

i find this typical baroque and the form would be easy to adhere to. not much jumps and dont be bothered when to shift postions, basta when you get to the upper portions, youd get a hint na 3rd postion na kasi lagi naman magkakatabi ang run ng notes dun. youd notice na minsan same attack lang sa notes pero youd be required to slide down lang your hand. Sevcik 3 would be great to practice those positions and shifts. parang vivaldi op3no6 lang din if you have tried playing it na. watch out for the shifts ng dynamics din, pero generally it wont require you much bowing skills. practice on yuor legato too specially sa 3rd movement.
Back to top Go down
kanjiruminamoto
Höfner *Adik magpost*
Höfner *Adik magpost*
kanjiruminamoto

PostSubject: Re: Bach's Violin Concerto in A Minor   Bach's Violin Concerto in A Minor EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 10:25 pm

ahaha! @ Jantigercat! Parehas pala Tayo ng Problem
But not in that piece ahah! My Problem is the intonation
and Still Stiffy ahaha! Pati ung Bow Shifting
Wee~ Kaya Need Slow speed and Relax the Hands
Sabi ni Teacher.. Do not Overdo
Overdo the Relaxation and Overdo the Pressure ahaha!
ung tama lang.. hays..
but sabi niya fast learner naman daw ako pero need to
Concentrate on those points and as early as possible kailangan
Mawala lahat ng Mali ahaha! Pressured!
Back to top Go down
jantigercat
Bachendorff
Bachendorff
jantigercat

PostSubject: Re: Bach's Violin Concerto in A Minor   Bach's Violin Concerto in A Minor EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 5:14 am

chino_again,

Thank you sa tips!

To answer your question. I am just learning this piece to expand my violin skills and expand my repertoire. Yung focus ko ngayon is the first movement. The problem talaga is how to play the notes cleanly plus the shifts. Salamat kay Sevcik (althoughI must admit that it's his etudes are the most boring of the etudes). LOL

Tricky yung measures 5-7.

By the way, meron po ba kayong copy of this piece with bowings and fingerings?

kanjiruminamoto,

Hay, yung intonation talaga...ang hirap sometimes especially if you go to third and up positions.

For left hand tension you can read about more of that here: http://www.violinist.com/discussion/response.cfm?ID=14028

Back to top Go down
baroqueviolin
Sobrang Spammer. Di na nagprapraktis
Sobrang Spammer. Di na nagprapraktis
baroqueviolin

PostSubject: Re: Bach's Violin Concerto in A Minor   Bach's Violin Concerto in A Minor EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 5:35 am

jantigercat wrote:
[...] By the way, meron po ba kayong copy of this piece with bowings and fingerings? [...]

You can try the Suzuki version ... tadtad ng fingerings and bowings to the point na nangingitim na ung partitura Bach's Violin Concerto in A Minor 760439
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PeriodinstrumentfaN
chino_again
Bachendorff
Bachendorff
chino_again

PostSubject: Re: Bach's Violin Concerto in A Minor   Bach's Violin Concerto in A Minor EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 11:41 am

Yeah sa suzuki meron nun, book 7 ba? Whats your email? I have the complete piece for solo violin and all other instruments included...
Back to top Go down
jantigercat
Bachendorff
Bachendorff
jantigercat

PostSubject: Re: Bach's Violin Concerto in A Minor   Bach's Violin Concerto in A Minor EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 6:01 pm

baroqueviolin wrote:
jantigercat wrote:
[...] By the way, meron po ba kayong copy of this piece with bowings and fingerings? [...]

You can try the Suzuki version ... tadtad ng fingerings and bowings to the point na nangingitim na ung partitura Bach's Violin Concerto in A Minor 760439

Perfect! :-)

chino_again,

Sent you a pm with my email add... ;-)

J
Back to top Go down
chino_again
Bachendorff
Bachendorff
chino_again

PostSubject: Re: Bach's Violin Concerto in A Minor   Bach's Violin Concerto in A Minor EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 7:55 pm

ok na :)
Back to top Go down
jantigercat
Bachendorff
Bachendorff
jantigercat

PostSubject: Re: Bach's Violin Concerto in A Minor   Bach's Violin Concerto in A Minor EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 8:50 pm

thanks... the materials are really helpful...

:-))))
Back to top Go down
angus25
Bachendorff
Bachendorff
angus25

PostSubject: Re: Bach's Violin Concerto in A Minor   Bach's Violin Concerto in A Minor EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 9:07 pm

Wow, I'll make a mental note to reread the tips once I have the skill and courage to learn this piece. :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bach's Violin Concerto in A Minor   Bach's Violin Concerto in A Minor Empty

Back to top Go down

Bach's Violin Concerto in A Minor

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pinoy Violinists :: Fiddler's Media Room :: Video Links-